Skip to content
- First full appearance of the Besmurchins
- Would the Lost Book really be blank?
- Whose sword is that?
- The Entry Pedestal covers with moss after deposit
- Corny drops another “D-bomb”
- What’s that in the trees?
- Corny opens the Lost Book, and the strip turns to color!
- The Entry Pedestal to the Beyonding is visible behind Corny- this is technically the “Nearest Point”
- Corny’s first words upon entering the Beyonding include “damned”; this will be relevant later
- The poster on Corny’s bedroom wall says “rapetosaurus”. The narrata border cuts it off inappropriately
- First appearance of Corny’s stepsister Daizee, who was inspired by Pete Bagge’s style
- Daizee’s shirt has a Heartbreaker symbol from John’s Arm: Armageddon (2008)
- Mr. Barham, a teacher at my high school who came from England, made the “rubbers/erasers” gaffe one day, and everyone lost it
- First appearance of Cornelius’s biological father Thurburt, and his stepmother Kaandra
- Mr. Hoarke is based on Emil Jannings from The Last Laugh (German, 1924)
- The Spunks apparently like to force Mr. Hoarke to read to them
- The “deprecated textbook room” in Corny’s new school is notoriously untidy
- Spunks (panel 1): Seth, Fibs, Puke; (2) Seth and Marfa; (3) Laquifa
- Corny’s new school is known for its gang problems and unusually deep toilets
- Corny’s sweater-vest is based on Martin Lickert’s from 200 Motels
- First appearance of Cornelius Crispin Coddler
- Cornelius probably sounds like Adrian Edmondson
- The football jock in panel 4 was meant to be voiced by Patrice O’Neal (1969-2011)
- The gang in the last panel is called “The Spunks” and is based on Jack Black’s gang from NeverEnding Story III (1994)