Skip to content
- Corny is formulating a plan that he won’t put into action until much, much later
- Is that “food”?
- “Some hero you’ve turned out to be…”
- Has Daemir’s memory been affected, or is he just mad?
- First appearance of bowelyard snitches Pilfer & Pinch, based on Marty Feldman and David Zdunich (It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia)
- Corny still has the laser pointer
- First appearances: Yla Shanger and Essul
- Essul is currently the royal archivist of the Kingdom of Inway; Yla is his apprentice
- At trial, archivists must notate every word (in shorthand)
- Yla nearly spoke the name “Abysma” where it could be heard, which is dangerous, as Essul explains
- The little old woman flinging spoonfuls of fly-ridden matter at Cox provides one of the few written sound effects of the strip
- “Drazyhoops”, the prisoner in panel six, is based on actor James Finlayson
- “Plagiarist goggles”
- Why the abrupt change in Daemir’s attitude, after the goggles are pointed out to him?
- Since Corny is still relatively new to the Beyonding, he appears to be sweating in panel 4; those within the Beyonding do not perspire (it’s a “cheat”)
- Again; why would being called a liar be such a big deal?
- What is Daemir muttering in his sleep?
- Someone has been raiding the Royal Libraries of Inway for months
- What’s the big deal about having a unicorn, other than how cool it would be?
- Panel two: Radish-Hoof’s favorite blanket
- Cox offers a lot of info on Radish-Hoof’s overall mien, from an outside perspective
- Freeing a bound unicorn is a pretty big deal, isn’t it?
- Radish-Hoof’s voice is based on that of comedian Jim Norton, for example, “Right On My Fucking Foot“
- As a unicorn, Radish-Hoof is exempt from the deleterious effects of using foul language (see Sacred Testament 3.4-4.5)
- In earlier strips, Radish-Hoof wears a silver fitting on his headstone; at some indistinct point in the future it was lost, and it’s possible that Radish-Hoof never knew it was there
- First appearance: luckless stable boy Cox McCrackin, who thought Radish-Hoof was calling him for help
- Valentine’s Day 2010: Corny meets a pink unicorn with a laser pointer (made in China?)