Skip to content
- In the first two panels, Prosecutor Irata obliquely explains that unicorns can use foul language without negative repercussions, while “lower beings” (subdivines) cannot
- Again, I based Radish-Hoof’s general attitude upon my own
- “I’m so angry I could blind people at random”; hence the laser-pointer keychain, in the stables
- Yes, I based Radish-Hoof’s personality on my own (although his voice is angry Jim Norton)
- First appearances: Irata, royal prosecutor, and King Reclinus V
- Anyone who assumes a more restful posture than the King is sentenced to death automatically
- Friggo reappears, with book detector, in panel four
- Yla takes a shot in the arm, which hurts more than she lets on
- The guard in panel one is inspired by the “angery” emoticon, from the mid-2000s
- The floor of the bowelyard is based on the floor of the temple from the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark
- What could have erased Daemir’s memories?
- First appearance of Friggo, Insanus’ “loyal courier”
- Insanus has a borderline-abusive relationship with his creations, which, as you’ll see, is secretly shameful to him
- Reaching sky islands isn’t easy, especially if your wings are small
- What does it mean if you set a unicorn free?
- Insanus’ island is visible in panel one
- This is how the Question Squad interrogates suspects; they push you onto the ledge of a high tower, and bombard you with inquiries, relevant or not
- Highest-ranking members of the Question Squad (known as Questioneers) speak only in questions
- First appearance of Speculus, a medical clockwork; “Lie still, for Nards’ sake”
- Yla attempts to reason with the wounded Overkeeper, who speaks the name Abysma
- Cornelius has been taken by the Question Squad, according to Pilfer & Pinch
- Corny is formulating a plan that he won’t put into action until much, much later
- Is that “food”?
- “Some hero you’ve turned out to be…”
- Has Daemir’s memory been affected, or is he just mad?
- First appearance of bowelyard snitches Pilfer & Pinch, based on Marty Feldman and David Zdunich (It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia)
- Corny still has the laser pointer