Skip to content
- First appearance of Friggo, Insanus’ “loyal courier”
- Insanus has a borderline-abusive relationship with his creations, which, as you’ll see, is secretly shameful to him
- Reaching sky islands isn’t easy, especially if your wings are small
- What does it mean if you set a unicorn free?
- Insanus’ island is visible in panel one
- This is how the Question Squad interrogates suspects; they push you onto the ledge of a high tower, and bombard you with inquiries, relevant or not
- Highest-ranking members of the Question Squad (known as Questioneers) speak only in questions
- First appearance of Speculus, a medical clockwork; “Lie still, for Nards’ sake”
- Yla attempts to reason with the wounded Overkeeper, who speaks the name Abysma
- Cornelius has been taken by the Question Squad, according to Pilfer & Pinch
- Corny is formulating a plan that he won’t put into action until much, much later
- Is that “food”?
- “Some hero you’ve turned out to be…”
- Has Daemir’s memory been affected, or is he just mad?
- First appearance of bowelyard snitches Pilfer & Pinch, based on Marty Feldman and David Zdunich (It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia)
- Corny still has the laser pointer
- First appearances: Yla Shanger and Essul
- Essul is currently the royal archivist of the Kingdom of Inway; Yla is his apprentice
- At trial, archivists must notate every word (in shorthand)
- Yla nearly spoke the name “Abysma” where it could be heard, which is dangerous, as Essul explains
- The little old woman flinging spoonfuls of fly-ridden matter at Cox provides one of the few written sound effects of the strip
- “Drazyhoops”, the prisoner in panel six, is based on actor James Finlayson
- “Plagiarist goggles”
- Why the abrupt change in Daemir’s attitude, after the goggles are pointed out to him?
- Since Corny is still relatively new to the Beyonding, he appears to be sweating in panel 4; those within the Beyonding do not perspire (it’s a “cheat”)
- Again; why would being called a liar be such a big deal?
- What is Daemir muttering in his sleep?
- Someone has been raiding the Royal Libraries of Inway for months
- What’s the big deal about having a unicorn, other than how cool it would be?